Sri Chennapuri Devanga Sangham (SCDS) and its objects are as under:-
Sri Chennapuri Devanga Sangham has the following objectives and is being fulfilled year after year by the Executive Committee of the Sangham and Annual General Body. It is the curtain raiser of SCDS.
- To work and strive for the development and uplifting of the Community, socially and economically.
- To act as the Governing Body for managing the affairs of Sri Kapila Vinayaka Devasthanam, Sri Kannikalamma Gudi, Sri Ramalinga Chowdeswari Devi Prayer Hall, <a href="http://srichennapuridevangasangham viagra en france.in/organ/devanga-educational-development-fund/”>Devanga Educational Development Fund, Devangulavari Sathram and Devangula Vahanala Mandapam at Sri Kalahasthi, Andhra Pradesh.
- To manage and develop the Devanga Educational Development Fund for awarding scholarships to the poor pupils of the Community and to render any other help for the prosecution of studies to the pupils of the Community in the form of free distribution of clothes, books, free meals, free tuition, awards etc., and also to start and govern Educational Institutions when found necessary.
- To create, manage and develop a fund for providing Medical Benefits to the Public in general and the Community in particular and to organize free Medical Camps.
- To hold and manage a Library and a Reading Room in Old Washermenpet, Chennai – 600 021.
- To attend to redress the civic amenities of the Public in general and Community in particular.
- To do all acts, matters and things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any one or more of them.
SCDS has efficient and hard working executive committee members who are elected once in every 3 years. Sri Chennapuri Devanga Sangham is one of the oldest non-profit society that strive for the development of Devanga community people in and around Chennai.